In Atlanta, you can find affordable plastic surgery while not risking your safety or results. Here are tips on where to look for value—and where not to skimp.
Top 5 Cost and Value Factors:
- Qualifications of the Surgeon. Don’t fall for discount offers from doctors who are not board certified plastic surgeons. Believe it or not, any doctor—even without the proper training and experience—can legally perform plastic surgery. Make sure the plastic surgeon you choose is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) or the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) guarantees this certification, plus additional experience. Also, ask surgeons if they have credentials to operate in a hospital, even if they use their own facility. Surgeons who can operate in a hospital have been vetted by that institution. At Advanced Aesthetics, all our plastic surgeons are board certified by ABPS and are active members of both ASPS and ASAPS.
- Consultation Cost & Time Spent with You. The quality of your consultation visit is a good indicator of the quality of the surgery and aftercare you will receive. How much time did the physician put aside to interact with you? Did he or she take the time to listen? Did the doctor explain the surgical plan to your satisfaction? Did you have the opportunity to see before and after pictures, looking for results that appeal to you? Did you have the opportunity to tour the facility where the surgery will be performed? Surgeons who rush you might not be providing the valuable consultation time you deserve. At Advanced Aesthetics, we understand the value of communication, so consultations with board certified plastic surgeons at our practice are free. Our surgeons will answer all your questions, even those listed here.
- Facility Location. Consider saving money by driving to another part of town. You can get skilled surgery in an accredited facility without Buckhead prices. It’s worth the time to schedule a free consultation in another part of town to compare. Even if the plastic surgery fees are similar, you may get a better overall value in another part of the Atlanta metro area, where a greater percentage of your total cost is devoted to a safe facility and a qualified surgeon. You should never skimp on safety or quality, and with us, you won’t.
- Where Does the Surgeon Operate? Some plastic surgeons operate only in hospitals—which while safe, usually adds to your total cost. Other surgeons, like those of Advanced Aesthetics, use their own facilities, which can be as safe or safer (with lower infection rates) than hospitals. Make sure your plastic surgeon uses a facility that is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). AAAASF-accredited facilities meet strict requirements for all aspects of safety. Beware of a plastic surgeon, even if board certified, who operates in a non-accredited facility. Usually, these facilities have fewer, if any, safety features. Our Surgi-center is licensed by the State of Georgia and accredited by AAAASF, and we use it to increase your safety, privacy, and comfort.
- Anesthesia. If anesthesia is required, ask what type: general (where you are “asleep”) or local (where you are awake). Don’t be fooled into believing that local anesthesia can be used for every procedure. The anesthesia should match the complexity of the procedure. A more extensive procedure, therefore, requires more anesthesia. Plus, there are still dangers with local anesthesia, such as toxic doses that put too much stress on the cardiovascular system. It is not always pleasant or safe to be awake for a major procedure. Also, be sure the person administering the anesthesia is either a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) or an Anesthesiologist (MD). Ensuring your safety means not only matching the appropriate level of anesthesia to the surgical procedure, but also having the right personnel with the right training using the right equipment.
So What Does Atlanta Plastic Surgery Cost?
Plastic surgery is a lifetime change, with risks similar to other surgeries. This is not the time to jump on a bargain, but rather to shop intelligently. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Consider safety first and opt for proven excellence, safety, and overall value over a bargain price. For a list of the estimated costs of the procedures performed by the Atlanta board certified surgeons of Advanced Aesthetics.